Join the evolution
ESI has been at the forefront of designing and developing technologies that connect people for over 30 years. As a pioneer in voice communications we know that that the way people connect continues to evolve at lightning speed. ESI continues to deliver products and services that will take communications to the next level for small to mid-sized businesses (SMB) and our strong partner community. We are dedicated to empowering our partners to sell customers the best choice in cloud-based communication solutions. ESI takes the complexity out of communicating with our OneTouch philosophy and makes it affordable for every SMB. We are true believers in making communications easy, connecting people to information, and being the most channel friendly provider in the market. If you want the chance to make a difference, take a look at ESI.
Platform Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a Platform Systems Engineer to join our ESI family. This position is critical to ESI’s success. NetSapiens experience to be the backup and assistant for our lead NetSapiens engineer. This person needs to understand IP phone systems, SIP trunks, and VOIP. They will be involved our cloud phone services.
Skills and Requirements:
Should be familiar with the following technologies:
- mysql - troubleshooting, backup and restore
- apache - troubleshooting, tuning
- ubuntu/CentOs administration
- Google Cloud - dns, vm, storage, IAM
- Google BigQuery is a plus
- AWS - ec2, rds, s3, IAM, vpc, IAM
- networking - dhcp, dns (including SRV and PTR), vlan, routing, firewalls
- Load testing - SIPP, iperf, StarTrinity
- Hardware testing/verification - HP server HDD/memory performance
- Bash scripting
- VoIP PBX configuration, troubleshooting
- Bind9 (for endpoint testing)
- VMWare - creation, migration, backups
- Troubleshoot escalations from technical support department - identify and solve issues
- mysql troubleshooting, tuning, backups, upgrades, and data manipulation for NS upgrades
- Assist in QA testing - load testing, first article qualification, HDD partitioning, mkmaster (proprietary tool for creating HDD and CF for CPE products)
- Support technical support department - implementation, major accounts, engineering, NOC, PM, QA and manufacturing throughout the day
- Supporting ancillary services: customcall, Stretto, LogicMonitor, Moodle, development environments, Jitsi, FlexiSip, Flexera
- Monitoring with LogicMonitor/Nagios including custom scripting (Groovy in LM)
- Bash scripting for monitoring mysql tables
- maintain/monitor mongoDB cluster
- Must be able to quickly learn undocumented and proprietary technologies in order to troubleshoot and correct in a high-stress environment
- Strong knowledge of basic telephony terms, procedures and industry workings.
- Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous SIP experience required.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols.
- Knowledge of server operating systems and network devices.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations
- Experienced using typical office PC applications.