Implementation Engineer (Network Engineer II) (201314)
Please refer to job 201314 when submitting your résumé.
ESI Hosted Services
- Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting.
- Execute end-to-end new customer deployment, including:
- Voice switch customer termination configuration.
- CPE data Switch and router configuration.
- WAN turn-up and deployment.
- Voice and data routing adjustments.
- Interface with carrier and telecom providers on NNI provisioning.
- Interface with LECs and NeuStar for number portability.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex problems with the voice and data infrastructure as the new deployment occurs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented solutions.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support.
- Help coordinate system maintenance and changes while minimizing customer impact and maximizing the productivity of company resources.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies, as well as defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Associate degree in computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Current CCNA certification or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience implementing, administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a service provider environment:
- Cisco and Juniper network switches.
- Cisco and Juniper routers.
- HP and Dell server platforms.
- Linux and FreeBSD expertise.
- Previous responsibility for providing customer support.
- Strong knowledge of SIP Trunking and Hosted Environment
- Demonstrable level of competence, including:
- A understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- Intermediary knowledge on IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and IS-IS.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Ability to learn very specialized systems in a short period of time.
- Be capable of analyzing, decoding, and troubleshooting SIP traces, network sniffer capture data, IP routing data, and syslog data.
- Passion for voice communication products and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of two years’ experience supporting VoIP infrastructure.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in a service provider environment.
- Must be willing to work during non-standard shifts.